Job Role: Display Technician
We are currently looking for a Display Technician to join our growing team at 21CC Fireworks Ltd.
We are a dynamic, passionate and driven team of people working together towards the common goal of achieving high standards of customer service and excellence in event delivery. Our work is interesting and the workload is varied. Click here to watch a video of one of our recent events. Over the last 12 months we have planned, managed and delivered firework displays a wide range of high profile clients, including the 2018 European Championships opening ceremony, the Hello World moment to launch the V&A Dundee, Runrig’s finale hurrah and many more. Further information about our business, our staff and how we operate as a company can be found online at www.21ccgroup.com.
Outline Job Description
As Display Technician, you will support the Display Manager on a day to day basis, and will be responsible for designing and preparing firework shows, managing of display equipment, firing systems, tools and stock. You will carry out risk assessments of sites and coordinate logistical and resource requirements with other departments for the successful delivery of firework displays.
As part of your role, you will :
- Carry out site visits and assessments
- Prepare detailed risk assessments and methods of safe working
- Be responsible for the condition and cleanliness of the site
- Order and manage equipment and tool inventory
- Order and manage stock requirements and stock inventory
- Design and prepare shows and associated paperwork
- Plan and manage team resources
- Coordinate vehicle and resource requirements with other departments
- Deliver displays and manage teams on live event sites
- Type of employment: Permanent
- Number of hours: circa 40 per week
- Anticipated working hours: 8.30am to 5.30pm Monday to Friday (allowing for breaks and flexible to suit business and personal needs). Weekend and evening event work is a part of this role.
- Place of work: Head office at Hopetoun Sawmill, Hopetoun Estate. EH30 9SL
- Probation period: 6 months
- Base Salary: £19,750 to £24,250+ (subject to experience), plus benefits
- Holidays: 21 days plus statutory
- Bonus: Annual winter bonus (subject to business performance)
- Pension: You will be added to the company pension after the probation period
- Experience of live events
- Some experience / knowledge of firework displays (ideally)
- Planning and managing resource requirements
- Planning and managing stock, stock control systems and inventories
- Writing risk assessments
- Working with databases
- Clear communication
- Microsoft Office tools, in particular word, excel and access
Essential Personal Attributes:
- Integrity and trustworthiness
- Flexible, committed and cooperative
- Self-motivated, proactive, polite and personable
- Evening and weekend working will be required to fulfil event commitments as part of this role.
- Additional working will be required depending upon workload and seasonal pressures.
- Holidays may be restricted during peak season.
- This is a site and event based role. Training will be given.
- A full UK driving license is an essential requirement.
To apply, send your CV and covering note address to George King via email@example.com.
Interviews commence w/c 4th March 2019. Applications close 5pm Friday 8th March 2019.