**UPDATE 19th FEB 2019: OFFER MADE / POSITION FILLED**
Job Role: Sound Technician
We are currently looking for a Sound Technician to join our growing team at 21CC Productions Ltd.
We are a dynamic, passionate and driven team of people working together towards the common goal of achieving high standards of customer service and excellence in event delivery. Our work is interesting and the workload is varied. Click here to watch a video of one of our recent events. Over the last 12 months we have planned, managed and delivered the technical services for a wide range of high profile clients, including Honda, Dell, Prudential, AXA XL, Dolce Gabbana, Ferrari, Lego, Amazon, the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and more. Further information about our business, our staff and how we operate as a company can be found online at www.21ccgroup.com.
Outline Job Description
As Sound Technician, you will be responsible for the production, planning, preparation and delivery of live events. It is necessary that you have a range of general technical skills and an understanding / experience of lighting, SFX and power as well as sound systems. As part of your role, you will be responsible for kit and material purchase, equipment preparation, hire, event resources, training and event specifications. On a day to day basis you will carry out tasks associated with planning, preparing and delivery of technical services for events.
As part of your role, you will :
- Create event designs, risk assessments and event paperwork
- Create site plans, kit plans, power plans and layout drawings for event teams to work to on site
- Manage enquiry responses and contribute to larger proposals
- Plan, prepare, rig and operate equipment on live events
- Service, troubleshoot and maintain equipment. Update and maintain equipment itinerary
- Visit venues and attend client meetings
- Plan and manage crew / event resources on live event sites
- Type of employment: Permanent
- Number of hours: circa 40 per week
- Anticipated working hours: 8.30am to 5.30pm Monday to Friday (allowing for breaks and flexible to suit business and personal needs). Weekend and evening event work is a part of this role.
- Place of work: Head office at Hopetoun Sawmill, Hopetoun Estate. EH30 9SL / New warehouse in Livingston. Address tbc.
- Probation period: 6 months
- Base Salary: £22,550 to £26,850+ (subject to experience), plus benefits
- Holidays: 21 days plus statutory
- Bonus: Annual winter bonus (subject to business performance)
- Pension: You will be added to the company pension after the probation period
- Setting up, managing and operating equipment (sound/ lighting/ AV/ SFX) on live events
- Corporate and conference environments, high end weddings and public events
- Equipment maintenance & managing a varied work load
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
- IPAF (ideally)
- Knowledge of DiGiCo, Yamaha and Allen & Heath sound desks. Avolites lighting desk (ideally)
- Methodical and tidy ways of working.
- Microsoft Office tools, such as word, excel and access / Hire Track NX.
Essential Personal Attributes:
- Integrity and trustworthiness
- Flexible, committed and cooperative
- Self-motivated, proactive, polite and personable
- Evening and weekend working will be required to fulfil event commitments as part of this role.
- Additional working will be required depending upon workload and seasonal pressures.
- Holidays may be restricted during peak season.
- This is a site and event based role. Training will be given.
- A full UK driving license is an essential requirement.
To apply, send your CV and covering note address to Nick Barrass to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Interviews commence w/c 25th February 2019. Applications close 5pm Friday 8th March 2019.