Job Role: Event Coordinator – permanent & full time
We are looking for a driven, well organised and keen Events Coordinator to join our fast-paced live events team at 21CC Events.
Who We Are
We are a dynamic, passionate and driven collective of people working together towards the common goal of achieving high standards of customer service and excellence in innovative event design and delivery. Our work is interesting, and the workload is varied. 21CC Events is our event management business and is part of 21CC Group, which also incorporates 3 supply chain businesses; 21CC Productions, 21CC Fireworks and 21CC Pyrotechnics.
More information about 21CC Group, our staff and how we operate as a business can be found online at www.21ccgroup.com.
Outline Job Description
The Events Coordinator role sits within our events team at 21CC Group, supporting our in-house events, major events and technical production teams. The advertised position is within our Coordinator band and is supported by both manager and senior manager bands.
You will be responsible for:
- Managing enquiries
- Coordinating contractors and suppliers
- Creating and assessing tender briefs for procurement of supplier services
- Managing the booking, payment and administration of event vendors
- Assisting with creating pitch proposal documents
- Business development activities
- Preparing event documentation, plans and site files for live events
- On site event delivery and support to site managers
As part of your role, you will:
- Work with managers to deliver our existing portfolio of in-house and client events
- Work with managers to create and develop new event concepts
- Manage the event team administration
- Produce weekly update notes for event managers
- Book accommodation and travel for crew and suppliers
- Issue and manage contracts, T&C’s and PO’s for suppliers
- Manage event data on the company CRM database
- Reporting on ticket sales and updating budgets
- Assist with post event evaluation exercises
Core Job Stats / Benefits:
- This is a permanent job role within 21CC Group
- The role is full time, based on 40 hours per week
- Typical working hour out with events: 8.30am to 5.30pm Monday to Friday (flexible to suit business and personal needs). Weekend and evening event work is required as part of this role.
- Normally staff would work from one of our offices, however given current circumstances as a result of Covid19 and current methods of working, we anticipate a hybrid of office and home working in the coming months.
- Office at Hopetoun Sawmill, Hopetoun Estate. EH30 9SL
- Office in Houston Industrial Estate, Livingston. EH54 5DE
- Home working will be considered as part of our approach to working safely under current Covid19 restrictions.
- Event sites
- Probation period: 6 months
- Salary: Around £25,000+ based on experience
- Holidays: 29 days paid holiday
- Bonus: Annual winter bonus
- Pension: You will be added to the company pension after the probation period
- Event experience with a knowledge of different types of events
- Proven sales ability
- Working with databases, information gathering and processing
- Managing a significantly varied workload, often with tight timeframes
- A diplomatic person who is confident and effective at dealing with people at all levels.
Essential Skills / Qualifications Required:
- Event Management degree (required)
- Highly proficient in Microsoft office packages (Excel, Word and Power-point)
- Highly organised, self-motivated person who can efficiently and effectively manage a wide range of tasks.
- Great attention to detail
- Excellent phone manner
Essential Personal Attributes:
- Enthusiastic and passionate about events
- Integrity and trustworthiness
- Flexible, committed and cooperative
- Self-motivated, proactive, polite and personable
- Appetite to learn
- Problem solving attitude to challenges
- Willing and able to take instruction
- Evening and weekend working on site is a requirement of this role.
- Additional working will be required depending upon workload and seasonal pressures.
- Holidays may be restricted during peak season.
- This is a combined office and event site-based role. Training will be given as necessary.
- A full UK driving license is an essential requirement.
How To Apply
To apply for this position within 21CC Group, please send your up-to-date CV with a covering letter to email@example.com, with ‘Event Coordinator’ and your name in the title. In your covering letter please outline your key experiences that make you the right candidate for this role and explain why you would like to work with us here at 21CC Group.
Please also include the following details:
- Details of two references (please let them know that we may contact them)
- Your current notice period
The deadline for applications is 5pm on Friday 16th April 2021. Shortlisted candidates will be interviewed via Zoom due to the current C19 restrictions. Interviews will take place week commencing 12th April 2021. Thank you.
You can download the job spec by clicking here: Event Coordinator