Job Role: Event Producer – Permanent / Freelance
We are looking for an ambitious and experienced Event Manager / Producer to join our growing live events design team at 21CC Events.
Who We Are
We are a dynamic, passionate and driven collective of people working together towards the common goal of achieving high standards of customer service and excellence in innovative event design and delivery. Our work is interesting, and the workload is varied from small scale local events to large scale international events. 21CC Events is our event management business and is part of 21CC Group, which also incorporates 3 supply chain businesses; 21CC Productions, 21CC Fireworks and 21CC Pyrotechnics.
More information about 21CC Group, our staff and how we operate as a business, and the kind of events that we deliver as a company can be found online at www.21ccgroup.com.
Outline Job Description
The Event Manger / Producer role sits within our live events division as part of a wider events team at 21CC Group. The advertised position is within our Manager band, supported by and reporting to the Senior team and Company Management Team.
You will be responsible for:
- Strategic planning and development of a growing year-round events programme
- Taking the lead on the design, coordination and the delivery of fresh, exciting and high impact events
- Commercial decision making, financial management and reporting
- Working alongside our event and technical production teams
- Working with the wider team, taking events from conception planning through to execution and delivery on site
- Procuring contractors, suppliers, resources and equipment
- Creating rig and de-rig schedules, managing and planning on-site resources and event budgets
- Hands on site management and delivery
As part of your role, you will:
- Create, plan and assess new event opportunities and concepts
- Develop event ideas with an understanding of technical solutions and methods of safe delivery
- Source, visit and assess the suitability of venues for events
- Work closely with our in-house technical team to specify technical requirements
- Compile risk assessments and event plans
- Develop and oversee event budgets, managing costs and expenditure
- Attend and manage meetings, internal and external including EPOG / SAG etc.
Core Job Stats / Benefits:
- This is a permanent job role within 21CC Group (Freelance position considered for correct candidate)
- The role is based on 40 hours per week (for the permanent position. Freelance hours by agreement)
- Typical working hour out with events: 8.30am to 5.30pm Monday to Friday (flexible to suit business and personal needs). Weekend and evening event work is required as part of this role.
- Normally staff would work from one of our offices, however given current circumstances as a result of Covid19 and current methods of working, we anticipate a hybrid of office and home working in the coming months.
- Office at Hopetoun Sawmill, Hopetoun Estate. EH30 9SL
- Office in Houston Industrial Estate, Livingston. EH54 5DE
- Home working will be considered as part of our approach to working safely under current Covid19 restrictions.
- Event sites
- Salary: Remuneration will be set to suit the candidate, subject to experience, skills and qualifications
- Holidays: 29 days paid holiday
- Bonus: Annual winter bonus
- Pension: You will be added to the company pension after the probation period
- Equipment: Company laptop and mobile phone
- Experience of managing and delivering live events, festivals and/or illumination trails
- Track record of designing and delivering event programmes
- Experience of successfully managing teams of staff, freelancers and contractors
- Knowledge of technical production services
Essential Skills / Qualifications Required:
- Project management skills and a clear communicator
- Ability to think creatively and analytically
- Highly motivated, organised and well connected within the events sector; supply chain, venues and artists
- Problem solving attitude to challenges
- Have an eye for design and attention to fine detail
- Enjoy working on multiple projects simultaneously
Essential Personal Attributes:
- Integrity and trustworthiness
- Capable of thriving within a fast paced, high pressure
- Evening and weekend working on site is a requirement of this role.
- Additional working will be required depending upon workload and seasonal pressures.
- Holidays may be restricted during peak season.
- This is a combined office and event site-based role. Training will be given as necessary.
- A full UK driving license is an essential requirement.
How To Apply
To apply for this position within 21CC Group, please send your up-to-date CV with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, with ‘Event Manager / Producer’ and your name in the title. In your covering letter please outline your key experiences that make you the right candidate for this role and explain why you would like to work with us here at 21CC Group.
Please also include the following details:
- Details of two references (please let them know that we may contact them)
- Your current notice period
The deadline for applications is 5pm on Friday 18th June 2021. Shortlisted candidates will be interviewed via Zoom due to the current C19 restrictions. Interviews will take place week commencing 21st June 2021. Thank you.