**UPDATE 7th March 2019: OFFER MADE / POSITION FILLED**
Job Role: Operations & Logistics Manager
We are currently looking for an experienced Operations & Logistics Manager to join our growing team at 21CC Group Ltd.
We are a dynamic, passionate and driven team of people working together towards the common goal of achieving high standards of customer service and excellence in event delivery. Our work is interesting and the workload is varied. Click here to watch a video of one of our recent events. More information about our business, our staff and how we operate as a business can be found online at www.21ccgroup.com.
Outline Job Description
As Operations & Logistics Manager, you will manage a small team responsible for collating and logging information for event planning and delivery. You will coordinate requirements with departments, plan and manage crew, resources, vehicles and logistics for the safe and successful delivery of events for our event management company, technical production company, firework display company and pyrotechnics / SFX company.
As part of your role, you will :
- Manage department budgets and spends
- Liaise with other company departments on resource requirements
- Communicate event details to clients, venues, staff and crew
- Prepare event planning documentation
- Oversee event resourcing and logistics
- Carry out management and administrative tasks associated with event planning and event delivery
- Carry out line manager duties
- Type of employment: Permanent
- Number of hours: circa 40 per week
- Anticipated working hours: 8.30am to 5.30 Monday to Friday (allowing for breaks and flexible to suit business and personal needs)
- Place of work: Head office at Hopetoun Sawmill, Hopetoun Estate. EH30 9SL / New warehouse in Livingston. Address tbc.
- Probation period: 6 months
- Base Salary: £26,250 to £33,850+ (subject to experience), plus benefits
- Holidays: 21 days plus statutory
- Bonus: Annual winter bonus (subject to business performance)
- Pension: You will be added to the company pension after the probation period
- Experience within the events sector (administrating / co-coordinating / delivering events)
- Information gathering and processing / database usage
- Working as part of a successful team
- Managing a varied work load & large volumes of information
- Clear communication
- Methodical ways of working
- Microsoft Office tools, such as word, excel and access
Essential Personal Attributes:
- Integrity and trustworthiness
- Driven, reliable, enjoys a challenge and calm under pressure
- Flexible, committed and cooperative
- Self-motivated, proactive, polite and personable
- As Operations Manager, you will be expected to be contactable as first point of call to respond to any last minute / on-the-job requirements that might arise with crewing or logistics at weekends and live events.
- Some weekend working will be required from time to time depending upon workload and seasonal pressures.
- Holidays will be restricted during peak season.
- This is an office based job role. Event work is optional. Training will be given.
To apply, send your CV and covering note address to Geoff Crow to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Interviews commence w/c 25th February 2019. Applications close 5pm Friday 1st March 2019.