Job Role: Projection & Technical Manager – Permanent / Freelance
With some exciting projects in the pipeline, we are looking for an ambitious and experienced Projection & Technical Manager with to join our growing team at 21CC Productions.
Who We Are
We are a dynamic, passionate and driven collective of people working together towards the common goal of achieving high standards of customer service and excellence in innovative events and delivery. Our work is interesting, and the workload is varied. 21CC Productions is our event production business and is part of 21CC Group, which also incorporates 3 supply chain businesses; 21CC Events, 21CC Fireworks and 21CC Pyrotechnics.
More information about 21CC Group, our staff and how we operate as a business can be found online at www.21ccgroup.com.
Outline Job Description
The Projection/Technical Manager role sits within our production division as part of a wider events team at 21CC Group. The advertised position will report to our Head of Production and work closely with the team at 21CC Productions as well as the rest of the extended team at 21CC Group.
You will be responsible for:
- The specification of projection and video equipment for small, medium and large projection projects, both indoor and outdoors.
- Work closely with creative teams and animators to ensure that the final content is to the standard that 21CC Group customers have come to expect.
- Client liaison and site visits to assess the suitability and requirements for all our projection projects.
- Procuring contractors, suppliers, resources and equipment
- Creating rig and de-rig schedules
- Hands on site management and delivery
As part of your role, you will also:
- Work as a member of the technical production team with the design, programming and delivery of non-projection related projects.
- Prepare & maintain equipment
- Develop technical solutions and methods of safe delivery
- Compile risk assessments & method statements
- Provide client quotes for our technical services
- Operate technical equipment on site
Core Job Stats / Benefits:
- This is a permanent job role within 21CC Group (freelance will be considered for the correct candidate)
- The role is based on 40 hours per week (for permanent role, freelance hours by agreement)
- Typical working hour out with events: 8.30am to 5.30pm Monday to Friday (flexible to suit business and personal needs). Weekend and evening event work is required as part of this role.
- Normally your main place of work will be from our office at Houstoun Industrial Estate, Livingston, however given current circumstances as a result of Covid19 and current methods of working, some home working can be expected.
- Salary: Around £25,000 to £30,000+ based on experience, skills and qualifications
- Holidays: 29 days, including statutory
- Bonus: Annual winter bonus (subject to business performance)
- Pension: You will be added to the company pension after the probation period
- Experience of creating technical specifications for a range of projection projects including CAD designs and technical plans
- Comprehensive knowledge of technical production services
- Experience of delivering live events
- In depth understanding of projection & video within the live events sector
- Knowledge of content creation, projection mapping, multi-projector setups, media servers and other playback solutions.
- Experience of successfully managing teams of staff, freelancers and contractors
Essential Skills / Qualifications Required:
- Highly motivated
- Problem solving attitude to challenges
- Have an eye for design and attention to fine detail
- Enjoy working on multiple projects simultaneously
- Project management skills and a clear communicator
Essential Personal Attributes:
- Integrity and trustworthiness
- Enthusiastic, flexible, committed and cooperative
- Self-motivated, proactive, polite and personable
- Capable of thriving within a fast paced, high pressure
- Evening and weekend working on site is a requirement of this role.
- Additional working will be required depending upon workload and seasonal pressures.
- Holidays may be restricted during peak season.
- This is a combined office and event site-based role. Training will be given as necessary.
- A full UK driving license is an essential requirement.
How To Apply
To apply for this position within 21CC Group, please send your up-to-date CV with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, with ‘Projection & Technical Manager’ and ‘your name’ in the title. In your covering letter please outline your key experiences that make you the right candidate for this role and explain why you would like to work with us here at 21CC Group.
Please also include the following details:
- Details of two references (please let them know that we may contact them)
- Your current notice period
The deadline for applications is 5pm on Friday 11th June 2021. Shortlisted candidates will be interviewed via Zoom due to the current C19 restrictions. Interviews will take place week commencing 14th June 2021. Thank you.